National Sarcoidosis Organization

Awareness is Key - Research is Power - Support is Everything

News & Info

Trouble Finding A Doctor

Posted by Melany Sealy on February 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Best Doctors In Canada


We have been getting the age old requests for doctors here in Canada that specialize in Sarcoidosis which we all know can be very frustrating. As I have done a lot of research on this I have come across a website that might work well for some of us.

This site offers you a bit of information but also asks you for some information to best find the doctor which can help you. It still means that most of the doctors will need referrals from your Family Physician though.

Good luck to all of you and keep us posted if you find success as we are compiling a list to post here for easier access.


Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In


Reply hazzard
8:54 PM on February 2, 2012 
I've actually gone through the Bestdoctors system for sarcoidosis. I have mixed feelings on what I got out of it.
As for getting a recommendation for the best doctor to treat Sarcoidosis, it's not that great here in Canada. I was given 4 names, all in Toronto all of whom were Pulmonologists specializing in Asthma, hypertension or internal medicine. Certainly specific specialists in Sarcoidosis. I also got a list of American specialists one or two you'll come across on the internet such as at The Cleveland Clinic. Wasn't much help in that respect to be honest.
Reply Pat H.
6:58 AM on February 4, 2012 
I don't know about Canada, but down here in the US I've found excellent doctors at Medical Centers which are part of teaching Hospitals. My Pulmonary specialist is at Indiana University Medical Center--his speciality is Sarcoidosis! And I must add, HE IS WONDERFUL!!!
Reply wanda
6:59 PM on February 29, 2012 
[hello i just wanted to let you know i have a great oshawa
Reply Jay
5:03 AM on April 11, 2012 
We have a large Dr database that may be of some help. Go to then Dr Database at the top of any page. Kind regards, Jay
Reply Emily Phillips, BSN
3:24 PM on April 18, 2012 
WISE, an online survey for individuals affected by sarcoidosis, is being conducted by investigators at The University of Iowa to better understand the disease and its impact on a global scale.

If you are living with sarcoidosis, we urge you to share your experience with us. Please register by visiting today. Once registered, you may fill out the online questionnaires at your convenience.
Reply wanda
9:48 PM on September 5, 2012 
hazzard can u tell me what doctors you seen in toronto....i have one there want to know if you seen him...will get his name later
thanks wanda from port hope
Reply Tam Chen
7:56 AM on May 6, 2014 
I need a Family Doctor that can help organize a team of specialists. My current Doctor has told me She can';t help me.

Google Translator

Twitter Tweet Button

Facebook Like Button