National Sarcoidosis Organization

Awareness is Key - Research is Power - Support is Everything

NSO Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sarcoidosis Of The Eye

Melany Sealy
Site Owner

There are so many ways that sarcoidosis affects people and each story is different yet offers a great amount of information to others who are dealing with similar things. Have you been diagnosed with sarcoidosis which has involved your eyes and how are you being treated? Sarcoidosis is a complex and very frustrating disease as known to many, and that leads to challanges both with diagnosis and treatments.

May 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kathy Speakman

Hi Melany...I am from Queensland Australia and have only just been diagnosed sith sarcoidosis. The first finding was in both my eyes after I complained to my optometrist about difficulties driving at night and that my sight had become hazy and had a "smoky" effect. He thought he saw something that looked "wrong" so sent me to an opthamologist. Only a couple of days ago I had a CT scan of my chest which has confirmed I have sarcoidosis in my lungs as well. My journey has only just started and I am still "joining the dots" with my random symptoms that are all adding up now. Feeling quite scared and bewildered. Have no idea what is in store for me now.

June 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Suzanne

Hi Kathy,

I'm wondering what has happened since your last post.  Did you have treatment for your eyes?  I've had sarcoid for a few years now - lungs and joints have been affected.  Seems it's now affecting my optic nerve. 

Thanks,   Suzanne

March 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Google Translator

Twitter Tweet Button

Facebook Like Button

CORPORATE SPONSORS OF N.S.O.